Saturday, March 14, 2015

PRE-OP Tests and Mini Update



The day is fast approaching and for me, it is a mixed blessing.  When you hurt and you have the opportunity to be pain free it is nothing short of a miracle.  However, the road there is a long difficult one. This is my Mama and trusty driver (who yells at the GPS lady affectionately known as Aunt B!)



             However, her driving skills end when faces with stearing a wheelchair....just sayin.



 I went in for my Pre-Op Tests and met some wonderful ladies.  I only got ones name but they were all very kind and patient with my “slow roll” as I call it. Gerry (she is on the left so many ways to spell it) battles Fibromyalgia and back pain yet she was so full of love and happiness.  She was amazing.  



 People say all the time “I hate to say I hurt knowing how bad you hurt.”  The thing is PAIN is PAIN and whoever is feeling it – to them its awful.  No ONE persons pain is more or less.  It is all relative.  I hate to see the ones I love hurt so I know it is horrible for them to watch me.  Some days, I move slow but ok.  Others I need help walking down a hall 3 steps.  It depends on many things.  What I did the day before, if I have slept all factors into my mobility.  This has been a long road and more to come.  So let’s catch up and then go from there.

Pre-Op Tests are really just base lines.  They did bloodwork, pregnancy test, chest x-ray and an EKG.  Very basic stuff.  I did have to get a Chemical Stress Test because I can’t walk on a treadmill long enough.  THAT was weird.  I am having Surgery at Baylor Ft Worth and the hospital is VERY nice. Gerry said she would see me before surgery and would be praying for me.  She was by far my favorite but had I spent more time with the others I am sure they would have been just as wonderful. I always worry after having THE NURSE FROM HELL in 2000.  She scared me and was so mean.  Would not come in to give me a drink said that’s what the IV was for – just mean.  I am terrified of staying alone all night to this day in a hospital because of her.  That is why Angie will be there when the kids can’t.  I need someone to watch over me.  However, my daughter will be a great guard dog. Hehehe  Love you Bug!

First my surgery was to be on March 13th 2015.  It had been planned for 6 months.  I was driving back to Dallas to prep after my Big Hair Texas Edition of the Chel Show when I got a call from Mariah Dr. Sazy’s assistant.  She said because of the ice and snow they did not get a tool in to remove all my old hardware (I am fused at L1-2 in 2000 and L4-5 in 2009) did not arrive and they would have to move my surgery to Monday.  First, I was surprised then I got angry.  I have ordered jet engine parts from all over the world and had them the next day if not the day after.  Anyone in purchasing knows it CAN be done.  I told her this and she sighed and said “I guess I will have to be on the phone all day trying to find it.” I said “um, could you ….that would be great – grrrrrrr”.  So she said she would call me by 11 am.  The next day comes and goes and it is after 4 pm when I finally call.  She said phones have been out all day and no way can it happen.  I asked to talk to the doc.  She tells me she will let him know.  The next day I call back explaining I don’t live in Dallas AGAIN and that I have family trying to come in for this.  She said they can’t help it that the rep can not locate it.  Now….to me….if you KNOW 6 months out you need a tool you order it.  I think someone most likely her dropped the ball and just is making up excuses.  I even told her if someone screwed up fine but have the decency to admit it.  I would have more respect for her.  I still have not gotten to talk to the Doc and I am sure she is not telling him because she is worried about what I will say.  Sad.  You really NEED to be able to trust the doc and his staff when you are going through this massive of an event.  So now, surgery is scheduled for next Friday so I could get my family here.  March 20th 2015 – wish me luck.

I have not slept hardly at all.  I dream horrible dreams and wake up yelling.  Last night Angie was with me and just patted me until I calmed down.  I don’t think she even woke up.  When she had her surgeries I came back to Dallas to watch over her.  I did not leave her side for 5 days except for an hour to go take 1 shower that was much needed. HA!  I am so blessed to have people around to help me in this and often think about those who do not have the support I have had.  I try to be there for as many as I can and always give them my number for the times they need to talk.  I figure there has to be a reason for all this crap.  I mean this is the most unfair thing that has ever happened to me and the most painful in so many ways.  I do my best to distract myself an keep going but it is so hard.  Even with all the help I have,.  So as always, if you need me message me on facebook or tmichellepool@gmail.com we can exchange numbers and I will help anyway I can.  Even if you just need to scream or cry.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment